• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm back

Sunkiss

Juvenile Dragon
Hi. I sort of disappeared from the forum several months ago because of work and a super busy crazy life these past few months. I'm back now till tax time gets crazy again.
My beardie, Sunkiss, is now 1 year old and has been growing and is more beautiful everyday.
I have a few questions about a variety of things so I'm hoping y'all will help me sort it out. Thanks.
1. To my knowledge she never drinks water from her water bowl. I have recently started using a dropper and she sometimes licks as I drop the water at the end of her cute little face.
2. She is so very uninterested in her greens! I give her: collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens, arugula, dandelion greens, kale, cilantro, finely sliced: squash, bell pepper, strawberry. I have even skipped feedings of her live prey in hopes she would get hungry enough to eat her greens....this sometimes works a little bit, but she doesn't consume enough to really amount to much (in my opinion).
3. She just turned 1 year old and I have noticed that she has been going to sleep earlier and earlier and not near as active.....is this brumation? If so, what do I do?
4. I've read that females don't need a male to lay eggs and I don't want her to end up egg bound. How will I know if she has eggs growing in her?
5. I've always worried about either feeding too much or too little live prey. Usually, she gets about 10 to 12 crickets twice a day. Is this good? (I'm aware of the 15 min rule - but I want an average number of live prey)
6. I've read that after they turn 1 their veggie/live prey ratio should switch from 20%/80% to 80%/20%.....so lately we have cut the live prey almost in half in hopes that she would go more for her veggies....nope...instead she seems to just be laying around more (like I mentioned in #3).
7. I usually give her a very warm bath every couple days so she will poop in the bath instead of the tank for a much easier clean up. Do you think this is okay?
Again, thanks for your input.

Latest posts