• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ignorance of people who think the know what they dont

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So im a regular poster on a few beardie related forums and one of them i posted in a topic concerning growth. as this person has a fairly small dragon 6 inch and 11 grams and wanted to know how old it probably was. i said probably 5 weeks and said (as they asked what growth rates can be like) that my 8 week old hatchlings are both at 10 inches and 60 grams. i was then PMd by a third party that told me either i was lying or i was wrong on their age. lol since i am the one who bred them and hatched them lol im pretty sure i know the age and i measured and weighed them last night. so i know im right on that as well. ARGHHHHHH STUPID PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
unfortunatly, the difference in the genetics of the parents plays a super huge role in that size and growth chart. Which is why there has never been one successfully distributed, and why there is never a correct answer to that question. you'll be better off to avoid it. I've never hatched a baby less than 6 inches.....so the concept of it resting on my finger doesn't quite fathom to me. But i still know others that come out of the shell tiny as can be. 6 inches could mean a couple days old......could mean a couple months. Care and genetics account for that.

just chalk it up. it's one of those things not worth worrying over

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh i know. its just that people really get under my skin when they question my integrity. I pride myself on how i care for my animals and how healthy they are and for some "person" (most can infer what that quotated word actually was in my head) to Pm me saying that im a lyer or missinformed just pissed me right off.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sometimes it is best to act like Teflon and let things slide right off. It is hard, but choosing your battles makes your stress levels go down. :)

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yeah i know. im just a little bit more on edge at the moment as i am still sick lol. Guess my mental defenses to idiocy arent up to par at the moment lol

Latest posts