• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

i want another beardie

spineybrother

Bearded Dragon Egg
hi guys i have a few reptiles and i used to have a breeding pair of beardies but i had to get rid due to not being able to get rid of the young. it was the worst mistake i ever made and i am now willing to trade all my other reptiles for a beardie again. my wife says i can have one but i have to cut down on my collection so im wondering if anyone has any for swaps that may be looking for something different like a royal python, corn snake or leopard gecko's. let me know if not leave me a price and when i get rid i will get back to you, many thanks.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I know this is an old post but I have to say that it greatly bothers me when someone speaks about "getting rid" of the animals they chose and committed to care for, especially in terms of wanting to trade them off for something else. I have to admit that I have a few creatures too that had I had it to do again I would probably not have made the choice to take on their care but once brought into my home it became their home and they became family. I see those words "get rid of " all the time when it comes to pets in general almost on a daily basis, especially with reptiles and it saddens me.
"Get rid of" connotates something no longer desired, having no more use of and perhaps never truly cared for in the first place...Which is something I could never personally connect in terms of family. Perhaps you think I go too far but I truly wish that people would realize that the creatures they bring home are not something to keep for a while until you tire of them or trade off for the next "shiny penny" that catches your eye and certainly not something to be used and gotten rid of.
Just food for thought...

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
I agree!! I read posts on Craiglist for dog's, cat's and other pet's being given away because they have to move or don't have time for them or having a baby. Let me say this I have 4 dogs 5 cats 2 snakes 1 bearded dragon 2 kids and a husband. I lost my Gizmo back in December he was a 13 year old Chihuahua that I had since he was first born. I have a 14 year old that isn't going to be but a few more years. We have moved several times with animals in tow and made it through having 2 babies with no problems. I wouldn't change any of it for the world. When we lived on post someone told on us that we had 5 dogs in the house and they told us we had 30 days to "get rid" of the dogs or move so we started packing up. I'm glad you said something Mungi this has been going through my brain since I read a certain post on here getting RID of a beardie because of something. So now I can vent :(

Latest posts