• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need help ASAP (shedding?)

Itaminotenshi663

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a year and a half old, female, bearded dragon that I got as a present from a very shady pet store. So especially when she was younger, she has always been my problem child when it came to getting sick but normally I’ve been pretty good with helping her heal. This time, her head, back, legs, and half her tail have gone pale and looking closely at it, it is not shedding. She’s still eating her salads and everything and a syringe feed her water to make sure that she is drinking but I don’t know what to do.
412B56B3-6E76-45FC-979C-42DF971CF5A7.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a year and a half old, female, bearded dragon that I got as a present from a very shady pet store. So especially when she was younger, she has always been my problem child when it came to getting sick but normally I’ve been pretty good with helping her heal. This time, her head, back, legs, and half her tail have gone pale and looking closely at it, it is not shedding. She’s still eating her salads and everything and a syringe feed her water to make sure that she is drinking but I don’t know what to do.View attachment 34986
Your dragon is going into shed- she looks a little thin tho- what is the humidity in the tank? Analogs are inaccurate - you want a digital probe hygrometer placed on the center back wall- optimal humidity is 40-50% nothing under 20 or over 70% - this helps w/ shedding- are you using a coil uvb or a long tube fixture?

Itaminotenshi663

Bearded Dragon Egg
Your dragon is going into shed- she looks a little thin tho- what is the humidity in the tank? Analogs are inaccurate - you want a digital probe hygrometer placed on the center back wall- optimal humidity is 40-50% nothing under 20 or over 70% - this helps w/ shedding- are you using a coil uvb or a long tube fixture?
Long tube uv bulb and i have to to get another humidity
i have to get another humidity sensor and i use a tube UV light

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Long tube uv bulb and i have to to get another humidity

i have to get another humidity sensor and i use a tube UV light
Ok brand and bulb of the uvb- not all brands are good ones- it will tell you on the bulb itself

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Shedding can definitely be stressful for them. A few
baths weekly can help. If you have some aloe vera
gel or shea butter that can be put on the skin lightly
to help add some moisture too.
The shed will eventually come off.

Tracie

Latest posts