• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I have myself all confused:(

behnk99k

Hatchling Dragon
I will try to keep this short..I recently got spike a larger enclosure. He was in the exo-terra large low(36x18x12) He is now in a 48x24x18. I have a reptisun 10 24" in the tank, not sure if its location is correct, I also got a MVB , which I am using....He has been black, head bobbing, and not eating his crickets since we switched him over. His cage seems dark with just the MVB, can I use both? He is @9 months old.I will try to post some pics....Any help would be greatly appreciated IMG_0765.JPG IMG_0766.JPG

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
So it looks like that low profile fixture on top of the screen is the Reptisun, is that right? Which would make it a T5, correct? Can you tell me the brand and model (wattage) of the MVB you have? What is the temperature at the basking spot under the MVB? How are you measuring this?

behnk99k

Hatchling Dragon
the fixture on top has just a regular bulb for light, In the enclosure is the t8 10, I am not sure what the MVB is, it came with the enclosure, is 2 months old.the temp under the MVB is103.6 measured with digital probe. the cool side is 77.7 also measured with a digital probe. the light on top of the cool side (left) is just a 60 watt on a dimmer for light and to get the cool side to about 80 ish.

stinax182

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
How long ago was the switch? It may take a couple weeks for him to adjust. You can use both uvb lights as long as it doesn't get too hot in there. The temps are good so the only way to add extra light would be with a fluorescent tube because they don't throw off much heat.

behnk99k

Hatchling Dragon
So I don't have to worry about too much uvb? He has areas to hide if he needs to. I'm also wondering if he is hitting the pissy teenage stage? He is head bobbing like crazy. This all started on Saturday when we switched him over.

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Sorry, it looks like you have two fluorescent fixtures. There is one inside the enclosure, and it looks like a second on top of the screen. Or am I just imaging that?

As for the MVB, you should be able to take it out of the fixture when its off and not hot. It'll say on the side of the light bulb itself, up towards the top. Its important to know so that you know how much UV its actually producing. Im guessing its a Powersun, as those seem to be the most common, but the wattage will make a difference too. It will either say 100 w or 160 w somewhere on the bulb. Judging by the distances and that its coming through the screen, you shouldnt have to worry about too much UVB exposure, no

behnk99k

Hatchling Dragon
No, the hood on top has the regular bulb in it that came with the under counter fixture, was using for light only, no heat or uvb. I actually don't have it up there anymore, gonna try to sell it with my old tank.

Beardielizzy

Hatchling Dragon
Our lizzy hid under her rock when we changed her tank to a bigger one ! It took her like a full 2 weeks to adjust ! I did the paper on the sides and it was so helpful believe it or not ! She was seeing another dragon staring at her in the sides ( she was bobbing her head at herself ) lol

behnk99k

Hatchling Dragon
Thanx, I did cover the sides better, he has adjusted, it was the switch. Took him about 4-5 days☺️

behnk99k

Hatchling Dragon
Thanx, I wanna change the background, and have it cover all sides, found one on eBay, just waiting for $. It's crazy what a great deal I got on the entire set up. Finally have it set up to my liking....only took @8 months, haha.

Devildoc

Hatchling Dragon
You can never have too much uvb. Uvb is good their body will only take up what it needs I have a 125 mvb on my 40 breeder and if it helps I only have that light and a 75watt heat emitter sitting on top just to keep warm at night. I also switch his tank around weekly just because I get to thinking he is bored with the set up. And mine would rather be on the cool side vs the warm side unless he's just gotten done eating. Viv looks sweet BTW.

Latest posts