• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I feel sorry for my teaches BD

mylizard

Bearded Dragon Egg
One of my teachers got a BD that’s ok with me apart from it is an adult almost 2feet long and is in a 3feet corner vivarium. The Substrate is big chunks of orchid bark that he is eating by accident. Besides that there is nothing in the cage. He is kept warm enough but he doesn’t have the calcium powder or a UV light. I told him about MBD but he looked at me like I was stupid and said "what is he next to" I said "the window" he said "so it’s ok because he will get the UV rays." But if I am right (but tell me if I am wrong) glass blokes out UV rays and only let in heat. And it’s in the science room near the gas taps where we do stuff with gas and fire. And everyone else in my class has a go at me for telling the teacher that he has to change franks (the BD) home and get a UV light. And every weekend he is left a school so his water is not changed.

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
That is just awfull. You are correct about the window blocking the UV rays from the sun, also the glass from his tank will block it also thus it gets double blocked
If left in the viv nxt to the window on really hot days all day long its like a magnifying glass, and will seriously harm the poor dragon. Like being cooked and having NO escape

Two suggestions

1. Print out the caresheet (See link below) and give it to him - maybe put it in an envelope and leave it on his desk if you dont want to in person

2. Give him the link to this site.............we will give advise and maybe hell listen to us. Sometimes grown ups and teachers especially dont want to "Know" that kids can be right and they be wrong which is why he acts the way he does

Hope he comes around and takes notice of the advise and realisie youre only trying to help

Link to a good basic caresheet
http://www.beardeddragonforum.com/index.php?threads/basic-bd-care-sheet-a-place-to-start.5177

Mountain Bearded Dragons

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
That's awful he needs to learn how to take care of his beardie and you should show him this post to show that he is wrong and not you and good luck with him I hope the beardie will get treated better soon. Thanks for sharing and keep on telling him and try to show him this post.

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
This really annoys me how people don't research something thoroughly and won't accept advice from those who know better :( you can't compromise with beardies, theres no room for error! i really hope he listens eventually and frank gets sorted, it doesn't sound like he even belongs in that kind of environment x

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
1. Print out the caresheet (See link below) and give it to him - maybe put it in an envelope and leave it on his desk if you dont want to in person
Just wanted to add, there is a link on the Care Sheet to a downloadable, printable copy that is opened in an online 'Word Web App' & can be printed directly by clicking on 'File' then 'Print'. Here is the link: Click Me

Reactions: P

silverado991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
if you give me the school name ill personally call the super intendant without issue

what you have is animal abuse by state law they are required to properly care for any animal used in a public setting just as if a animal in a pet store minimum requirements need to be met

pm me your school district and ill give a call over and explain to him the importance of the missing needs and i guarantee within the week the issues will be solved i dont stand for class animals especially being high traffic your already stressing the animal enough

Latest posts