• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hy, i am new !

arnau666

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello.
Well im am new here , i am from Romania and i love lizards.
I started with a chameleon and hopefully in next month i will be the owner of 2 beardies.
I did some research about enclosure,lights, temps ,food etc.
But my main question is : can i house one pair of bearded dragons in same enclosure? they will be 3-4 months old.
from what i read i found out that many beardies dominate the other one if they are housed together and they can get hurt and get in fights etc. but also i saw a lot of pple keeping more of them together .

so what is your advice ? house them separately or together ?

thank you all

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hi and Welcome to the BDF Community:)

In answer to your question on housing two dragons together...Absolutely Not! These are non-communal territorial creatures by nature meaning that they do not stay together, hunt together, nurture each-other or share and they do not want too. Their world is based on dominance and the most dominant one gets the most food, the best basking spot, the most mates, etc. In the wild they only come together for short periods of time to mate and then return to their preferred solitary lifestyle.
Many new dragon keepers make the mistake of not understanding these beautiful creatures true nature and they totally misread when they see all the cute pictures of two or more dragons "cuddling" together thinking that they are showing affection toward each-other. In truth what you are seeing is a dominance display. The dragon on the top is dominating the one on the bottom and jockeying for the best basking spot.

Please do not make the mistake of trying to house them together because it will end badly with at a minimum one of the two suffering or being maimed by the other and at worst one being killed by the other. I have oft times compared housing bearded dragons together with playing a game of Russian Roulette with 4 bullets in your six-shooter...It is not a matter of if something bad is going to happen but a matter of when and how quickly it happens and it will happen in the blink of an eye most times.

Need more proof?? Take a look at the info this link and watch the video... Then ask yourself "Is it worth the risk??"

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome2a.jpg

A few other good links to help get you started on the right track ...

Basic BD Care Sheet - A Place To Start

Bearded Dragon --- Exclusive Care Info Library

Beautiful Dragons Nutrition Chart

Is Bearded Dragon Co-habitation a good plan?

How To Sex A Bearded Dragon

Reactions: Bk7

arnau666

Bearded Dragon Egg
thank you for your help, for sure i wont house a pair together .just wanted to be sure of some things before i get them.
another question i have is with the uvb bulbs.
i am planing to use 10.0 reptisun compacts , since i used them on my cham for more that 1 year and had no problem.
do you guys recommend compacts or u use linear bulbs?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Both work, my personal preference is the tubes & is what I use exclusively. I use both the Reptisun & Reptiglo 10.0 linear tubes & find one no better than the other.

Latest posts