• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

humidity levels in enclosure

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
IMG_20150122_123002.jpg

This is my cool side. The breeder recommended keeping the humidity between 35-55% for good health with a dry cage of course. I am having trouble keeping the humidity up. I placed a small water bowl on the hot side hoping it will evaporate and increase the humidity. It only did 2 %. Does anyone have any suggestions for raising the humidity while keeping the enclosure dry? Thanks

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can spray the enclosure once or twice a day. Of course that will make things a little bit wet but that won't create any health issues. Another solution would be to cover the enclosure. Depends on your set up.

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks I will do that . I sprayed once today and that helped for awhile but I wasn't sure if that was ok to do a few times a day. Thanks again!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah a couple times a day should be good. In the morning I think of it as simulating dew :) Things to watch out for would be mold and mildew but as long as you have decent ventilation and things don't stay constantly wet, you should be fine!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
A humidifier in the room near the tank might help too.

Latest posts