• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How often to poo?

Mandg

Bearded Dragon Egg
My son has had a bearded dragon 18 months now, he ( the lizard) is a big, active guy. Loves to eat, loves to roam the house and climb and things, all the normal stuff. Just...never poops? I mean, when he goes, it's a memorable thing, but it just seems like he should go more. So, how often should expect him to poo? I mean, he can go a couple weeks, never lethargic or anything. T thought they went more often than he does.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
A bearded dragon of that age should be pooping once every two to three days. There a lot of factors that go into it not having regular bowel movements. What and how much food do you give him? What is your UVB source?

Crabs Mcjones

Juvenile Dragon
Agree, anything more than once every two or three days at max isnt normal. Especially if they're eating well and consistently.

Mandg

Bearded Dragon Egg
He (assuming there) is 18mos, 18.5 in, and 385g.
We feed a variety of greens plus mealworms and supers, occasionally hornworms but I don't want to get to where he will only eat those. He isn't a big fan of veggies so I make sure he gets those first. He has a big water thing in his tank but also gets time in the shower, he loves that too.
I honestly don't know on the light. I would have to look at what I buy. No doubt it probably could use changing.
Finding consistent, reliable information on care for the lizards has been about as easy as any of our other animals. So I generally look at it as- growing, active, not exhibiting stress signs (like aggression), means mostly all is well.

Mandg

Bearded Dragon Egg
The Solar Glo is what the bearded dragon has and the Basking is the Leopard Gecko we have (different tank). The lights are on a timer for 14 hours (I think that's an error though, something might have gotten bumped). And there is plenty of space to get closer or further from the light as they need to.

Attachments

• 20200516_104332.jpg
    20200516_104332.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 20200516_104406.jpg
    20200516_104406.jpg
    946.7 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts