• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How do I get my beardie to eat his greens

Wdwanton

Bearded Dragon Egg
He is only eating crickets he is also just a juvenile so I don't know what to do. I feed him lettuce and butternut squash is that what I am supposed to be doing? He gets feed 5 to 10 crickets every night is that too much?

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Try collared greens, mustard greens, turnip greens or dandelion greens. They are a better staple veggie than regular lettuce (like iceberg), which has little to no nutritional value. You can mix small superworms, wax worms, butterworms, or silkworms into the salad so it gets moved around and grabs their attention. And if your beardie still refuses, it's okay, just keep trying. Young beardies need insects in their diet more than they need greens at that age.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wdwanton

Bearded Dragon Egg
Try collared greens, mustard greens, turnip greens or dandelion greens. They are a better staple veggie than regular lettuce (like iceberg), which has little to no nutritional value. You can mix small superworms, wax worms, butterworms, or silkworms into the salad so it gets moved around and grabs their attention. And if your beardie still refuses, it's okay, just keep trying. Young beardies need insects in their diet more than they need greens at that age.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Ok thank you

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Many of them are just picky little eaters and refuse their salads. Just continue to offer the items Eavlynn suggested and he will eventually try them out.

5-10 crickets a night it's perfectly fine, you can actually feed him more if he wants more. If he's still growing I would recommend feeding two insect meals a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ditto ^^^ babies should get fed bugs 3 times a day, juvies should be getting bugs min of 2 times a day, young adults 1-2 times a day and adults bugs are typically given 2-3 times a week as they shift over to needing more plant material.

Latest posts