• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How do I get my baby beardie to trust me?

Jw07

Bearded Dragon Egg
I bought my 2 month old bearded dragon 2 days ago and I’ve been wondering how I can get him to trust me?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I bought my 2 month old bearded dragon 2 days ago and I’ve been wondering how I can get him to trust me?
Time and patience--- hes a little guy in a big world---- start by handfeeding him BSFL -- www.symtonbsf.com they are a great staple feeder and great lure to the salad bowl -- https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d you can use as many as you want - if he really goes for them feed little at a time or you will have them coming out undigested -- use like 20 or so on his salads -- make sure your dusting the main staple feeder w/ calcium D3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding - he should be offered 2-3 feedings per day vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding -- lightly coated on the main staple insect
Make sure your lighting UVB is a good one NO coils they are inadequate and not all long tube fixtures are good-- surface basking temps should be 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- all this needs to be on par so the dragon can adjust to his tank and surroundings - if any of this is off he will stop eating -- you can put a piece of clothing or cloth something w/ your smell on it in his hide so he can get used to you -- go slow get your hands in the tank as much as you can and I would not be taking him out of the tank for a while - they have a tendency of jumping and you can lose him very quickly and or he can get hurt very badly-- get him hand tamed and work on holding him in the tank -- if you need help w/ lighting please ask

Jw07

Bearded Dragon Egg
Time and patience--- hes a little guy in a big world---- start by handfeeding him BSFL -- www.symtonbsf.com they are a great staple feeder and great lure to the salad bowl -- https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d you can use as many as you want - if he really goes for them feed little at a time or you will have them coming out undigested -- use like 20 or so on his salads -- make sure your dusting the main staple feeder w/ calcium D3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding - he should be offered 2-3 feedings per day vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding -- lightly coated on the main staple insect
Make sure your lighting UVB is a good one NO coils they are inadequate and not all long tube fixtures are good-- surface basking temps should be 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- all this needs to be on par so the dragon can adjust to his tank and surroundings - if any of this is off he will stop eating -- you can put a piece of clothing or cloth something w/ your smell on it in his hide so he can get used to you -- go slow get your hands in the tank as much as you can and I would not be taking him out of the tank for a while - they have a tendency of jumping and you can lose him very quickly and or he can get hurt very badly-- get him hand tamed and work on holding him in the tank -- if you need help w/ lighting please ask
Thanks this is much appreciated

Latest posts