• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hornworm = Hawk Moth

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
@DanielE , LOL, sorry I meant 5 not 7! Just overly excited today I guess.

Here is the pictures of my set up, nothing fancy. The first picture is the outside. The moths are really messy so covering with plastic is a must.
20140824_134949.jpg

Last edited:

Toni17

Hatchling Dragon
Cool. Well, I gave the beardies horn worms for the first time. Loved them and wanted more. How often should I give it to them. I bought a tub.

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
They are good for hydration and variety, but you dont want to feed them too often as they are quite fatty.

SkyAndMojo

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
The trouble I've had is after I retrieve the eggs and they hatch I'm having trouble with the feed (I used a yellow hornworm chow) it will dry out before the end of the day. All of them die because they get stuck to the the dried food and can't get out lol any suggestions?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I never had that problem. I put the worms on a piece of gutter guard so they had something to climb on. I would just put thin slices of the food on the guard every morning and made sure to remove the old food and poop each day. With the thin slices they seemed to eat most of it by the next morning. I used a pre-made yellow food That I got from Great Lakes and kept in the fridge.

My problem was getting all the eggs to hatch. I collected over 100 but only got about 30 worms.

Latest posts