• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

horn worms

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
I was thinking of getting my Rocky some horn worms as a late Christmas present. They have smallish ones at my local pet store and I think Rocky will go nuts for them. I know they shouldn't be a staple, but how often would you feed them? Are they a fast growing insect? I don't want to end up with gigantic worms before I can finish up the container.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
NaTasha; Just buy a couple of them for him as they do grow fast and also die fast; Just a couple and feed right away-Hope this helps you some-bella-aka-river

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, there isnt a specific guide line of amounts or count. When we buy horns, we personally give our crew a couple at the end of each feeding as snacks till the cups run dry ;)

GroomerMo

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Does anyone know where you can buy horn worms online? Or is it just in person cause all I can find in stores is too large for my dragons.

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
Does anyone know where you can buy horn worms online? Or is it just in person cause all I can find in stores is too large for my dragons.

Google "hornworms for sale" and you will get a lot of online options. They sell them on eBay too! ;)

GroomerMo

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thank you so much cause the only place I was able to find them in person is having trouble getting their shipment

crk8man

Bearded Dragon Egg
You can get them shipped in the us at:
http://www.crk8man.com
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356996287.548037.jpg

http://www.crk8man.com

GroomerMo

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
If I give my beardies those twice a week I don't need to dust me crickets right? Cause when I dust crickets I've notice they only eat them if they are really hungry but non dusted crickets they eat without hesitation.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If I give my beardies those twice a week I don't need to dust me crickets right? Cause when I dust crickets I've notice they only eat them if they are really hungry but non dusted crickets they eat without hesitation.
Unsure where you got the idea that if you feed Hornworms, that you wouldn't need to dust the Crix. All Live Prey should be Calcium dusted, the horn worms too, yes even Phoenix Worms, all prey, period.

bubbajay

Bearded Dragon Egg
My old beardie was giving some issues when it came to eating crickets so i thought i would entice him to eat by getting a treat....hornworms....well lets just say he never ate crickets willingly again. Hopefully this treat doesnt turn your beardie into a prima donna like they did mine lol

GroomerMo

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Well I finally figured out y I was having a problems feeding ryuu crickets they were too small so now she close to 9" and eating med size crickets but now at most she eats four crickets a feeding time. Now she's growing and is very happy
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358291824.063166.jpg

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
Lindasgonebuggie.com has the best deal on any feeders and her shipping is not bad at all. I have Horn worms and Phoenix worms coming in tomorrow from her.

Latest posts