• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hope for socially neglected beardie?

slugoo

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm getting ready to adopt a beautiful beardie which, I'm told, has rarely been held over the last six months. According to the current owner, he was held regularly as a baby but is "a bit skittish" when being held nowadays. The owner says he's not defensive ("never bites or tail whips"), but at just over a year old, are the repercussions of social neglect irreversible?

My whole family are beardie lovers and with us this dragon will get the love and attention he needs, but I just want to get your opinion on whether or not I'll have success with social rehabilitation.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'd go for it. Nothing ventured nothing gained

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I had a real nasty disposition dragon, she hated being touched. Once I got her healthy I put her with my girl that always wants to be held. Now it's 3 months later and she (moody girl) likes time with daddy. It's a long process to rehabilitate a dragon but it's doable

slugoo

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thank you all for your input! Very helpful. Unfortunately, the owner has backed out of the adoption and decided to keep him. I feel bad for the dragon, but there's not much I can do now :eek:\

slugoo

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
That's the plan, ma'man. Been talking directly with Kevin over the past few days and just about ready to pull the trigger

slugoo

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
That's what I hear from everyone I talk to and mention I want a dunner :) ::thumbsup::

Latest posts