• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Holy Moly Outside Enclosure.

madaeroom

Bearded Dragon Egg
Last summer my son and I built an awesome outside enclosure for his beardie Ms. Freeze and she loves it. there are two tunnels rocks and various succulents throughout the 8 ft. x 4 ft. enclosure covered with a domed wire fencing with access doors secured with mini bungee cords. We live in San Diego Ca. which is somewhat comparable to their habitat just not as scorching hot as central Australia. Anyhow fall turned into winter and we installed a soil heater wrapped around on of the plastic tubes used as her tunnel and the night time temp for her in that tunnel never fell under 65 degrees and she would bask all day and retreat to the tunnel at night. One night I went out to BBQ and looked for her. She was no where to be found and we feared she had escaped on of the doors somehow. We were sad and hoped she would turn up. I did notice the dirt in the enclosure was disturbed so I dug around to see if she burrowed but could not find her. About two months later in an oddly hot (upper 80's) January week I went outside to look around and HELLO! there Ms. Freeze was basking in the sun of the enclosure. Obviously thinner from her brumation but healthy. I looked around and she had burrowed behind one of the succulents for the "cold" winter of SoCal. She continues to love her enclosure, eats well, and uses her warm tunnel for the cool nights.

Latest posts