• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi this is Paisley.

CathySteele

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! all on BDF. We just got Paisley at Petco. They didn't know much about him. How can I identify his species and his age?
4cad7bf27019bdfdbbf1b43f85a0766d.jpg
9afe372fc48de3216f555342f12bdfbe.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He looks like just a normal bearded dragon. There is nothing wrong with that, I have 2 myself and they are sweethearts. Age is going to be hard to determine. Mine were around 4-5 inches when I got them, so I just guessed they were around a month old.

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
I agree with Patsy, I've got 8 of my own and they vary in color I don't have any "fancy" ones. Your Paisley is adorable, look forward to watching him/her grow. Any questions, plz ask, this forum can give you guidance, advice and answer any questions you may have, good luck with your sweetie ☺

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi! all on BDF. We just got Paisley at Petco. They didn't know much about him. How can I identify his species and his age?
4cad7bf27019bdfdbbf1b43f85a0766d.jpg
9afe372fc48de3216f555342f12bdfbe.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum and to beardies!! What a cutie you got there.. Typically from those stores they have just normal or common dragons every once and awhile you can find a leatherback but that's all I've ever seen there.. You have a normal common dragon and likely not very old here is a chart that will give you a rough estimate.
  • Length (Inches)Age (Months)
  • 3-4 in.0-1 months
  • 5-9 in.2 months
  • 8-11 in.3 months
  • 9-12 in.4 months
  • 11-16 in.5 months
  • 11-18 in.6 months
  • 13-20 in.8 months
  • 16-22 in.12 months
Source: http://www.thebeardeddragon.org/bearded-dragon.php

Latest posts