• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HI MY NAME IS SUNNY

sunny_the_beardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi my name is sunny or thats my beardies name he is a yellow pastel and lives in a 40 gallon tank that was passed dowsn to him by germ my german giant that passed away less than 24 hours after i got him. We think that germ was neglected because we could see his ribs and back bone and he was about 2 inches long but now i have sunny who is about 5-7 inches long i just got him 10/1/12 he has allot of coo stuff and i want to learn some thing on this forum:) i love to talk to talk to me or whatever

Attachments

• 603606_228345833959132_575509330_n.jpg
    603606_228345833959132_575509330_n.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 527562_228345847292464_926308595_n.jpg
    527562_228345847292464_926308595_n.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 559635_228345820625800_1839521140_n.jpg
    559635_228345820625800_1839521140_n.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 51

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the BDF Community! Sunny is a beautiful dragon,indeed:)

Here are a few very informative links to get you started...

Basic BD Care Sheet - A Place To Start
Bearded Dragon --- Exclusive Care Info Library
Beautiful Dragons Nutrition Chart
Is Bearded Dragon Co-habitation a good plan?
How To Sex A Bearded Dragon

These links contain the info you will need to properly care for Sunny but should have any other questions just ask! The BDF is slam-packed with experienced and enthusiastic folks eager to help you and Sunny have a long, healthy and happy time together!:)

You have a very nice and pretty set-up for your dragon but it is not really suitable for a young dragon. The only thing that your dragon needs to begin with is a basking perch, a single food bowl and perhaps a rock to help natural keep his claws trimmed. Keeping things very basic and simple will make things better for Sunny.
In your current set-up there are way too many places for your feeders to hide which will make it extremely stressful and difficult on Sunny trying to find them to eat. I would highly recommend that you remove the excess "furniture" until he gets a bit older.
Also I see that you have a water dish in his enclosure. Most dragons will not drink from standing water because they do not see it as something they can drink. They get their hydration from the veggies that you offer them as well as from the baths and mistings that you provide. Water dishes will also raise the humidity level in your enclosure which is unhealthy for your dragon. They are desert, dry climate creatures that do not require or want high humidity and it can lead to health issues down the road for them.
It would be of great help in helping you if you could post a picture of your lighting set-up along with what various bulbs you are using. Your dragon needs a basking spot temperature of 110 degrees and the cool side of the enclosure needs to be 80-85 degrees during the day. The only accurate way to measure these temps is with digital thermometers that have remote probes. One probe needs to be attached directly to the basking spot and the other attached directly to the coolest spot in the enclosure. At night-time your dragon does not need any additional light or heat unless the temps in your house drop below 65 degrees and it is best that you allow them that cooling off period at night.It will slow their metabolism and help them rest better.

Again Welcome and ENJOY:) !!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome Sunny to BDF and sorry about your German Giant passing.

Latest posts