• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HI Everyone!

Luvsunshine13

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi,
I currently have two bearded dragons. They are both three months old and are doing well. I have a male and a female. My male beardie is Luigi, he is a citrus morph and is active and loves to explore - he is 8 inches long. My female beardie is Mario (we named her before we could tell she was a she), she is a sandfire with beautiful dark brown and orange patterns and is a little lazy and loves to sleep on your lap - she is 9 1/2 inches long.
I bought Mario from Petsmart when she was about 3 weeks old, she was about 4.5 inches at the time. We got Luigi four weeks later from a breeder and hand picked him from a large selection. We brought Mario with us so we could see how they got along because we didnt want any problems. So far, Mario and Luigi have been getting along great! Right now they live in a 55 gallong tank with reptile carpet, a 150w basking light and a UVB light on one end above the basking area. They eat crickets and veggies every day and for some reason especially love frozen peas.
I'm glad to be on this forum as i really want to take the best care of my babies as possible and am hoping that if i run into any questions or problems that this will be a great resource.:)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome2f.jpg

If you really want to take care of them the best care possible, you will SEPARATE them, like Yesterday. Without the obvious possible repercussions shown in the video\slideshow below, males mature sexually much sooner than females. A very good chance that your female could become Gravid long before it's body is ready to handle it, leaving it open to countless dangerous situations. A female should be 18 months to 2 years old & weigh 350+ grams before even being considered to be bred. Housing them together means that you intend to breed.
A few good links to help get you started ...
Good Luck

Luvsunshine13

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Germ
Thank you so much for the links and advice. I'm trying to find a suitable solution for separating them, just posted a bit about a custom enclosure that i'm planning on building. I do want to breed them when they are old enough - i'm already starting my research on how to do it properly. Just a quick question: will something bad still happen if there has been ZERO dominant/aggressive behavior between the 2 and they are both eating fine and everything? i'm guessng the answer is yes but i thought i'd ask anyways.

Thanks again!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It only takes ONCE (Possibly the first time) to lose toes, an arm, a leg, tail or worse ... Not worth the risk ...

Luvsunshine13

Bearded Dragon Egg
IMG_2516.JPG
IMG_2519.JPG

Great news! I was able to move Luigi (on left) into his very own 40 gallon a few hours ago. Mario (on right) is still in the 55 gallon but we are looking to replace that with another 40, we like the dimensions a lot more. Thanks for the welcomes and great advice so far! I read the links about breeding, i had no idea about some of the facts and my husband and I agreed that it would be better not to even go there. Again, glad to be here, enjoy the pictures!

Latest posts