• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi Everyone!

coyotesunsets

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have my second beardie after saying I would NEVER EVER own a reptile of any sort. My son wanted a lizard for Chiristmas years ago and after many visits to our local home town pet store I settled on Thor, he was a 2 year old beardie that had been raised by the owner of the shop and was so gentle. I grew very fond of him and as my son grew up, he became mine. Thor passed away almost 2 years ago. My father-in-law had made him a beautiful LARGE habitat that took up a wall in our living room, and we put it up for sale... After about a month I couldn'g stand it anymore and I purchased Spike. He is so different from Thor, so active and really more fun. My daughter is 6 and thinks he is the greatest thing in the world. I have finally convinced my husband that roaches are better than crickets and all was well until today Spike ate a rock. That's what brings me here. I need help... What works like Castor oil for dragons? I think he can pass it, but It will be close. Thanks!

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
If you know for a fact that he ate a rock I would suggest a visit to your vet as there is no telling what kind of damage could be done by it going through his digestive system and him passing it. About the best way to stimulate a dragon to have a bowel movement is a 20 minute soak in a warm tub. I seriously would not recommend you trying to force him to pass a rock though. Being constipated is one thing but there are times when the safest route in the best interest of the creature is to seek professional assistance and this in my opinion would be one of those times. Seriously

Latest posts