• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hey guys quick question

Chubbyb

Hatchling Dragon
Hey i was looking and i ran across this wondering if this is good for a baby beardie

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Without the Vita-Sand, without the strip thermometer & using the optional digital thermometer, with an added cool side thermometer, without the Night light, unless it is absolutely necessary because ambient room temps drop below the mid to low 60sF at night & if not, there is an unnecessary fixture. Fluorescent UVB bulbs emit their strongest UVB rays from the middle of the tube, in the case of a compact, that is the tip, so vertical placement is more effective than horizontal.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Actually if the price is right & the right substitutions made with the substrate & thermometer it could work quite well & have an extra horizontal fixture.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I don't know... I hate the reptile special made cages. The glass in them sucks and breaks extremely easily usually. I like to buy aquariums and put a screen top on them.

Latest posts