• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hey all =]

niCole221

Bearded Dragon Egg
hi! I'm Nicole, my friends and family call me Cole. I'm a stay at home mom with two awesome little boys, Ethan, 4, and Joseph, 12 months. I am a huge animal lover and have a passion for reptiles. I have experiences with all types of reptiles although reticulated pythons were my first reptile love. But becoming a mom opened my eyes to kids and large snakes..my snakes were in danger from my kids lol so I have found the bearded dragon to be my new love, I think there tame nature will be perfect to get my kids into reptiles like their mom.

Today I got our first beardie and he is awesome! He's a Translucent Orange German Giant x Blood. I choose him because of his beautiful bright colors. I'm looking to learn about genetics and the specifics that go along with each morph, and what the best morph would be to breed my new beardie with. My 4 year old has named him Ferb. I attached a pic of him..what do you think? =]

TGGXB3419.jpg

niCole221

Bearded Dragon Egg
thank you! I'm pretty familiar with the basic stuff but I'm still working on the morphs, basically like what makes what, I'm deff checking out those links, I'm always looking for more info

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
Wow! Brilliant colors on that dragon! Feel free to ask any questions about dragons, but not children. When it comes to those strange creatures I got nothin'! :D

niCole221

Bearded Dragon Egg
wow thanks everyone! I am very excited about him! I cannot wait to see what he looks like once fully matured and I really wanna find a nice female to breed him with but I'm not sure what morph to breed him with, any advice?

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the BDF Community!!:) Great looking, Dragon! Just my opinion but since he is your first dragon I wouldn't rush into the breeding aspect but perhaps set that notion to the side for a bit and simply enjoy him and learn what he has to teach you about dragons. Having good "basic" knowledge about these creatures is as the link Germ provided you says "A Place To Start" but you will find quickly that there is a wealth of knowledge you can only get through experiencing him.
I've seen more than a few folks jump into the breeding game too quickly and totally miss out on getting to experience their dragons fully which is always a shame because even-though bearded dragons in general share a lot of common things and behaviors each dragon also has their own individuality making no two exactly the same and the more time you spend with them individually the more that is revealed to you.:)
Enjoy!

niCole221

Bearded Dragon Egg
I actually have a lot of knowledge about beardies, I worked in a local family owned pet store that specialized in reptiles and salt water fish, so I got my fair share of the basics there, they breed all types of reptiles, a lot of snakes but also bearded dragons, monitors, and skinks too! They weren't into the morphs of dragons there so thats where I'm lacking in knowledge and experience. My passion was always snakes but I have found that the beardies are just way better to have around kids so I've donated my snakes and spent a small fortune on this awesome guy. I was excited to find that loving beardies is way cheaper than large snakes lol well my fiance was more excited since he is funding me. I will read any articles you guys throw my way because I love to do my research and get the right facts from the more experienced dragon owners.

Is there any place you guys recommend ordering crickets from? And how do you keep them? How long can you usually keep them alive for? The first batch I ordered didn't do so well and most were dead on arrival. I do live in Pa and its cold here so I didn't expect them all to be alive but I was disappointed that more than half were dead. I order 110 of them thinking I would be able to keep them alive and well until my dragon ate them all but most of them died within a few days and now I need to order more.

Thanks =]

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
Wow - I've noticed a lot of people order crickets online! I guess I'm lucky, as I live really close to a mom and pop pet store that sells 100 crickets for $7.99 (tax is included). They also usually give me a pretty beefy over count too.

I looked into buying crickets online thinking maybe its cheaper, but its not! Do you guys just not live close to a pet store? I imagine PA gets pretty cold. :eek:

Pat B

Super Moderator
I have to get my crickets from Petsmart....only place around and it isn't close. When Spike wakes up from his winter sleep I am going to look at buying them online. 11 cents for one big cricket gets expensive....:D

Latest posts