• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP!!!

CitrusStoli

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
So I've recently moved, and since moving his appetite hasn't been the same. In this move though I changed him over to the BoaMaster cage for dragons...a 4x3x2 or so. This use to house my Argentine tegu, which now resides in a 6x4x4 below him. I've introduced some new rocks, which I cleaned with antibacterial soap and let sit in the soapy water for a while. I clean regularly and his lamps are about 10 inches from his rocks...only problem is I'm now having to force feed him because he has no appetite and barely moves. His tail and beard at certain times are black, but he goes fairly regularly. I don't know what to do and I can't get him in to see a vet until friday. He seems weak and listless and he won't stay in his basking spot long. I'm not sure why he moves from it, he doesn't open his mouth to blow off heat, so it can't be too hot,and it doesn't seem to cold but it's a much more open cage with a large screen top, so I'm guessing he's loosing to much heat? I don't know, all I know is that he's not doing well and any recommendations home remedies or otherwise until I can get him in to see the vet would be great. He doesn't go to the bathroom as much, but he's also not really eating, I tried feeding him with a syringe and he threw it up. I've been giving him baby food with pedialite to try and keep him hydrated. I've been bathing him twice a day for about 20 minutes or so.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
How long has he been in this new enclosure? And since you've finished adjusting his tank? What are the basking and cool side temps and are you using a digital thermometer with a probe at the basking spot to measure?

Nemo

Hatchling Dragon
My Spike was doing the same thing.... No eating, no poop, nothing..... So i let him be...... He is in brumation....sleeping away on his hammock without a care in the world..... Surprised me because he is only about ten months.... Good luck andI hope your beardi will be OK.

Sent from my AT300 using Tapatalk 2

Silkmoth

Hatchling Dragon
Maybe soak the rocks longer to get rid of any residue left from the soap? If he is avoiding them maybe they are part of his trouble? Our soaps are so toxic!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It is recommended to boil or bake them rather than clean them with soap. I'm still waiting on answers to the questions I asked so I can help you better though. Vinegar is antibacterial as well and is not an irritant when diluted with water. Really, 1-2 15 minute baths a week should be a max.