• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

help.

DragonLady504

Hatchling Dragon
So, I went get some more crickets at the pet store where I got my baby beardie. The lady insists that she fed them medium sized crickets before I bought him and I should do the same. Well, fast forward to the 3rd feeding since getting the medium size and he doesn't want to eat at all. He has been on the log under the light all day. Is everything okay?!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's possible the crickets might be a bit too big for him and he's afraid of them. They should be no bigger than the space between his eyes. That can mean two things 1) the LENGTH of the cricket should be no bigger than the space between his eyes or 2) The WIDTH should be no bigger.

I always go by the width but if he is not eating them, my first instinct is they are too big for him

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
If he ate at the other two meals then he is probably full.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Meal worms are like candy to them. Once they start eating them they don't want anything else. Try to slowly wean him off the meal worms, he should eventually go back to crickets.

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You gave him bacon (worms) then tried to go back to hamburger (crickets) when he held out you gave him bacon. You taught him that bacon will come if he doesn't eat his burger. Also get away from crickets and mealworms as they both have nowhere near the nutritional value of other feeder insects.

Latest posts