• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP, something sticking out of his BUTT after pooping???

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yes usually beardies get sperm plugs during mating season and while the do usually come out on its own when they poop they can get stuck and harden up so it looks like that. When it does a little soak and gentle pull with the tweezers usually does the trick
Hoping they come out on their own. lol Dex's has been pretty easy to co-exist with so I'm hoping he'll continue his trend and take care of it himself. hahahaha

BeanieBlizzard

Bearded Dragon Egg
Our male beardie looks like it has poop stuck, rather than sperm plugs. Here are pictures. Does anyone think this is a sperm plug for our bearded dragon? It's been there for a few days and after having a bath each day. It's not coming off with a Qtip even after soaking in the bath.

Attachments

• 18298.jpeg
    18298.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 14
  • beanie.jpeg
    beanie.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 14

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Our male beardie looks like it has poop stuck, rather than sperm plugs. Here are pictures. Does anyone think this is a sperm plug for our bearded dragon? It's been there for a few days and after having a bath each day. It's not coming off with a Qtip even after soaking in the bath.
I am not sure let me have someone elset ake a look at it - I would stop w/ the Q tip for now -

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am not sure let me have someone elset ake a look at it - I would stop w/ the Q tip for now -
Heres the reply
Looks like poo to me. Keep up the hydration.
How does he get water?

BeanieBlizzard

Bearded Dragon Egg
Never mind. Mystery solved. Two very large sperm plugs. Poor thing
Thanks. Mystery solved - there were 2 very large sperm plugs. Had to remove them the same way as in the video above - no q tip, and very gently. Not pleasant but much better than letting him get an infection.

Attachments

• IMG_20230617_143332.jpg
    IMG_20230617_143332.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20230617_142319.jpg
    IMG_20230617_142319.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 12

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Never mind. Mystery solved. Two very large sperm plugs. Poor thing

Thanks. Mystery solved - there were 2 very large sperm plugs. Had to remove them the same way as in the video above - no q tip, and very gently. Not pleasant but much better than letting him get an infection.
Good just make sure hes staying hydrated please

Latest posts