• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

help please

nick z7256

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon has been sick before and we brought him back to health. Weve had to manually feed him because he was sick he spoiled and that became a habit and he doesnt eat by himself but he always acted upbeat and happy. Now everyday he sits on his rock.he wakes up eats and then sits on his rock. His beard turns black regularly every day which concerns me. I love this little guy so much and i cant stand the idea of anything happening to him. Ive done everything i can. Hes going to the vet tomorrow. His diet consist of a mixture of critical care which is a mixture of vegtable based substance mixed with ground up crickets stirred with spring water and fed through a syringe. This is because months ago he had parasites and we had to hand feed him. Ive tried since to have him eat on his own but maybe i spoiled him. His tank is about 3 times his body size in length. With a 60w bulb and a black light for night time. He has two houses on each side of the cave.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You probably did spoil him. He might be going through a phase. See what the vet has to say tomorrow. Both of mine are brumating right now. All they do is sleep. Not my favorite behavior. Do you have a UVB Light? I'm thinking he might need some UVB exposure. What's your temps like?

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yea what lord said.... Beardies have a wide spectrum of vision... Meaning the see color and light..... There is zero need for night time heat UNLESS your temps drop BELOW 65 degrees.... And if they do use a ceramic heat emitter... They produce heat but ZERO LIGHT..... Also make sure your basking temps are at the right temperature ie 100-115 degrees......

Latest posts