• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

help please put

maryjane

Hatchling Dragon
So when I wake MJ up in the morning her whole body is normal when she's still asleep but as soon as she opens her little eyes she turns dark and gets stress marks so I don't know what to do I lay on my bed and put her on my chest and Pet her all over until she chills out and her stress marks just go away and she lightens up

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You appear to be a predator waking them up, you are scaring your dragon daily. I'm not trying to be mean but anything over their head can appear to be a predator. Let them wake on their own.

stinax182

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I agree. If you were randomly woken up by someone picking you up, you would be startled, to say the least. I notice it takes my beardie a little bit to start moving after he's opened his eyes in the morning.... Kinda like how i need 5 extra minutes after my alarm goes off to actually get up :p

stumpylump86

Bearded Dragon Egg
I turn the lights on at 8am and leave her for a good hour or so to wake up and warm up and she seems happy enough!

beardieX0

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
That could be it ^^ also in the morning they get a little darker sometimes to soak up the sun and absorb more heat. Try getting at eye level. I just turn Leo's light on and wait a couple mins and the greet him on eye level :)

Latest posts