• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP: Keep Blowing Fluorescent UVB Tube Bulbs

GRals22

Bearded Dragon Egg
Help! I keep blowing Fluorescent UVB Tube Bulbs.

My Lighting Set-up:
I am using a Carolina Customs 22" in-tank mounted fixture plugged into a Zoo Med ReptiTemp Digital Thermostat to keep temps within desired range. The ReptiTemp Thermostat is plugged into a Zilla Power Center to guard against power surges and/or failures and the Zilla Power Center is plugged into a wall outlet. I use Zoo Med T5 HO 24W Reptisun 10.0 UVB fluorescent tube lights in the fixture. I have Two (2) of these set-ups (1 for each of my Bearded Dragons vivariums). All had been fine with this set-up for the past 2 years.

Over the past 2 months however, I cannot keep a fluorescent bulb for more than 3 days before it burns out and this has been happening in BOTH vivariums. I have replaced the bulbs 3 times in each vivarium.

Can anyone offer any advice? I know my Bearded Dragons cannot go without UVB for more than a day without UVB. Thank you in advance for your advice.

Crabs Mcjones

Juvenile Dragon
Try unplugging the light from your equipment and directly into the wall. The carolina custom lights should have an inline switch for you to switch on and off. See if the bulbs stop popping. If they do I'd say it's an issue with your controller or power strip. If not then an issue with the fixture itself. Please let me know what you find as I'm using the Carolina custom light as well.

GRals22

Bearded Dragon Egg
Try unplugging the light from your equipment and directly into the wall. The carolina custom lights should have an inline switch for you to switch on and off. See if the bulbs stop popping. If they do I'd say it's an issue with your controller or power strip. If not then an issue with the fixture itself. Please let me know what you find as I'm using the Carolina custom light as well.

GRals22

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks Crabs. Carolina Customs responded to an email and suggested I remove them from the Thermostat and just plug them into the Power Center which I did today. I will get you posted.

Latest posts