• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

*HELP* First stress marks (?), removed all sand!

BeardieMama40

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! Our Beardie Pascal came home about 2 weeks ago, and has slowly adjusted. I read on this forum that sand as substrate was a no-no and should be removed immediately, so we took him out for about 10 minutes while I cleared it all out and laid down paper towels (I plan to pick up some tile this week). Everything in his tank is exactly the same except for that as I didn’t want to disturb him even more. Tonight before I turned out his lights I saw some light gray ovals on the side of his belly (picture attached)…he’s NEVER had these before. I believe they’re stress marks? Do you think it’s just the change in substrate or something else I’m not thinking of? He’s eating and acting normal, poop is healthy. Thanks to all the advice on here I thought he was adjusting pretty well! Is there anything I should do?

Attachments

• CF034FB6-E67B-4C34-8460-5DB053DD6CBF.jpeg
    CF034FB6-E67B-4C34-8460-5DB053DD6CBF.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • 9B13423E-6B26-488C-BCCA-C818B91142B0.jpeg
    9B13423E-6B26-488C-BCCA-C818B91142B0.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • C27D4856-8314-4C04-BA54-42AB09B7FDFA.jpeg
    C27D4856-8314-4C04-BA54-42AB09B7FDFA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • 5F9DD942-D377-4664-89BB-B0D4B0263D2D.jpeg
    5F9DD942-D377-4664-89BB-B0D4B0263D2D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Naww, hes nots stressed :) although those usually do show up when stressed, they’re much much darker, if his whole belly was like that then id worry, he’s really cute btw

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi! Our Beardie Pascal came home about 2 weeks ago, and has slowly adjusted. I read on this forum that sand as substrate was a no-no and should be removed immediately, so we took him out for about 10 minutes while I cleared it all out and laid down paper towels (I plan to pick up some tile this week). Everything in his tank is exactly the same except for that as I didn’t want to disturb him even more. Tonight before I turned out his lights I saw some light gray ovals on the side of his belly (picture attached)…he’s NEVER had these before. I believe they’re stress marks? Do you think it’s just the change in substrate or something else I’m not thinking of? He’s eating and acting normal, poop is healthy. Thanks to all the advice on here I thought he was adjusting pretty well! Is there anything I should do?
I had a vet tech look at the markings and this is what she said

It just looks like pigmentation changes. Does he have his dragon at optimal
temperatures?

BeardieMama40

Bearded Dragon Egg
I had a vet tech look at the markings and this is what she said

It just looks like pigmentation changes. Does he have his dragon at optimal
temperatures?
Thank you!! Yes, temperatures have been perfect since we got him - thanks to this forum we are pretty obsessed with making sure and have the thermometers and temp gun and such.

Latest posts