• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She means that she feeds her BD in a separate enclosure than the one that her BD lives in. It is not suggested to do this with a newly acquired BD until it is well acclimated, if done at all.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've got a cricket keeper as well, but also a 10 gallon fish tank. (Crickets housed in the 10 gallon.) I use a cricket keeper to feed Allie her crickets. She's bigger and to avoid unwanted guests from sleeping with Allie and feasting on her, I feed her outside the tank. What I do is shake some into a large cricket keeper, sprinkle some calcium powder on them, take off the top, lay the cricket keeper down on it's narrow side, and let Allie do the rest. She'll go right in there, and eat them up. Allie's unique when it comes to eating her crickets.

Some do manage to sneak under her, but they always get eaten because I catch them before they get on the floor.

squeekz1992

Hatchling Dragon
Oh! Alright! I will do that when I get the bigger cage!! He seems better than Sunday! He even has put on some weight (if a more tubby belly is any indicator!) I took him outside today (I can't harness per his size, but i held his tail and kept him on my chest!) His colors were awesome! Honestly, I am starting to think he is just lazy, because Bella will do the same thing, just hang out under the basking spot, and suddenly want to dart across the cage. Bella even does the "sexy leg" lol.

But back to Goliath, he is amazing today. So, Keeping him on baby food, and giving crickets until he is 110% When I do both he does better, I didnt do the babyfood Sunday and he did significantly worse. I know there is a risk of him getting spoiled and used to being hand fed, but I will live with that if it keeps him perked up and acting healthy :D

Thanks to everyone for the help!!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mine'll bask all day under her hammock and sprawl out. Today, I put a small soft baby's blanket under her hammock. She didn't mind it. :) Wouldn't go to bed last night until she had her good girl treats after I trimmed her nails. :)

squeekz1992

Hatchling Dragon
Mine'll bask all day under her hammock and sprawl out. Today, I put a small soft baby's blanket under her hammock. She didn't mind it. :) Wouldn't go to bed last night until she had her good girl treats after I trimmed her nails. :)
Aww :) Is she pretty lazy for the most part? Or is she like all over? I'm starting to think Goliath is just lazy. lol

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
BDs are lazy by our standards, if you think they are lazy when they are young, wait until it gets older. At times it is an event when they turn their head ;).

squeekz1992

Hatchling Dragon
BDs are lazy by our standards, if you think they are lazy when they are young, wait until it gets older. At times it is an event when they turn their head ;).

That's funny, I think that is part of why I have been soo nervous! Today, he ran all over my keyboard, and messed up my mouse :p his tail was on it and it sensed him and me, so my screen kept resizing lol

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She's not lazy yet. She's pretty active when she's out of her tank. However, she's chilling out under her basking lamp and UVB bulb. She sprawls out with her sexy legs.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Their usually are active when out of the enclosure for a short period of time until they can find a quiet spot to lay, then pass out ;) . I was talking inside the enclosure where it should be the majority of the time in it's proper environment ;) .

squeekz1992

Hatchling Dragon
She's not lazy yet. She's pretty active when she's out of her tank. However, she's chilling out under her basking lamp and UVB bulb. She sprawls out with her sexy legs.

Haha Bella does that, She just finished her first shed!! *sniff* So proud. Lol. She does the sexy led, and she doesn't waste any time when food is in front of her, but Goliath...he needs some coaxing lol. He made my night just now :)

squeekz1992

Hatchling Dragon
Their usually are active when out of the enclosure for a short period of time until they can find a quiet spot to lay, then pass out ;) . I was talking inside the enclosure where it should be the majority of the time in it's proper environment ;) .

He does that :D I'm really excited right now. I was worried and now not so much :)

squeekz1992

Hatchling Dragon
Congrations on yours too! My baby is only about the size of my thumb from tip to vent, he'd itty bitty!! I like he is 5 or 6 weeks :)

Latest posts