• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You are doing a good thing allowing him to do the post mortem. It's the only way we can get closer to understanding what makes them succumb to these types of diseases and how or if we can treat them.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss. It's never easy. I hope you have comfort in knowing that he had a good life while he was with you and he died knowing that he was deeply loved.

Aimeelou785

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all.

No post mortem results yet as the vet is waiting on some test results. I was thinking when we know what happened with Panda, of writing a new thread explaining everything i.e. When he became ill, symptoms, treatments and tests he had... Basically his whole story in a bid to help others out of they find themselves in a similar situation. Do you think that would be ok?

I made arrangements yesterday for his cremation. I found a small company in Suffolk, run by a married couple, who have been so kind about it, they've really put my mind at ease. It will be an individual cremation and I will get his ashes back in a beautiful wooden box with his photo on. I can't begin to explain how much more bearable that makes the pain. He will be able to stay with me for always :) I've also decided to have a small amount of his ashes made into a glass pendant.

I realised earlier that today is exactly one year since we brought him home. When he passed, we'd had him for 361 days and he was just 2 years old. I finally managed to stop crying on Sunday, and every day I wake up feeling a little better, and knowing that one day I'll be able to give another rescue dragon the love and care they need and deserve.

The photos below are Panda at his best . A beautiful, cheeky chappy. Dearly loved and greatly missed, but for a short time I had the privilege of calling him mine :) this is how I'll remember him xxx
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427840874.173603.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427840890.457753.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427840927.340526.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427840949.423745.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427840980.423868.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He was beautiful! Of course you can start a new thread and tell us his story. Sometimes we get the most comfort and peace by sharing with others who understand the pain we are going through. I haven't lost a beardie but I've lost a frog and some geckos and most recently my 16 year old kitty. I know though when I lose Dexter and Luci the pain is going to be unbearable.

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
He was beautiful! Of course you can start a new thread and tell us his story. Sometimes we get the most comfort and peace by sharing with others who understand the pain we are going through.

I love the picture of Panda looking under the branch. Patsy is right we are here for you it is comforting sharing with people who understand.

Aimeelou785

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you. He really was a cheeky little scamp! Still no news on post mortem results, we're hoping it will be during this week. It won't change anything but I'd like a better understanding of what happened.
Panda's cremation took place yesterday morning. The crematorium is set in beautiful countryside surrounded by farm land and animals. It was so peaceful. We said our goodbyes to the little chap, and he was returned to us a little while later. His ashes are in a beautiful wooden box with his photo on, and an engraved name plate
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428277648.059110.jpg
we've put him in our office - our other beardies live in there so he won't be lonely! :) x

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That was very nice of them to do this for you. What a nice memorial to him. Only pet lovers understand our need for this. When our cat Cleo passed away suddenly in November we had her individually cremated and her ashes into a nice box with her name and photo on it. In a way it's like she's still here with us.

Aimeelou785

Bearded Dragon Egg
That was very nice of them to do this for you. What a nice memorial to him. Only pet lovers understand our need for this. When our cat Cleo passed away suddenly in November we had her individually cremated and her ashes into a nice box with her name and photo on it. In a way it's like she's still here with us.
I'm really sorry to hear about Cleo :( but yes you are right, it's like they're still here and it helps to ease the pain xx

Aimeelou785

Bearded Dragon Egg
The post mortem results came back today. My poor Panda had cancer :'( it started in his stomach and metastasised to his liver. The vet said he wouldn't be surprised if he was poorly when he got him. He said it's very unusual and uncommon in such a young beardie and that we did everything right, nothing about his illness or passing was anyone's fault. It was just a tragic occurrence, which, even though it sounds selfish, is a relief. I can grieve, move on and not blame myself.
I will post a thread soon about everything that happened, what we did, etc.. I need to get it all straight in my head first.
As always, thank you all for your kindness. It really does mean a great deal xx

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Poor baby. The best thing you did for him was love him. He's over the rainbow bridge now, happy and pain free knowing that he was and is still loved. Now by sharing his story he is loved by so many more people than he ever knew :)

Latest posts