• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello nice to meet ya'll

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I was actually looking into pheonix or silks for my water Dragon. Have to do something different. Won't touch dubias or crix. Only wants meals and wax worms. I know they're not a good staple!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Welcome to the forum, you've come to the right place! We are like "tank set up on the cheap 101", LOL! The most important thing is that you rescued these little babies from a not so good life.

I've gotten good crickets from Ghann's, they are in Georgia. Currently I use a place called Josh's Frogs. They are in Michigan but the crickets get sent from somewhere in KY I think. I buy 1500 crickets a month (i have 7 mouths to feed) for about $40 with shipping and handling. The crickets last me the whole month with little die off. I make sure I feed them real good and clean out their tanks once a week.

MisterD83

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you for the warm welcome, Everyone. :D

I just ordered 1000 from LLLReptile and they are shipping to me from somewhere in KY as well, same farm maybe?? But I bought phoenix worms last night and the shop sells 1000 bulk for $16 instead of $35-$40 like I thought. :/ Oh well live and learn, right?

Though the day and night heat schedule is mixed up at the moment, I was able to get the basking spot up to 92 deg last night using a 75 watt bulb in a 100 watt fixture. and there is a 100 watt MVB enroute from Cali that ought to be more than enough to bump me the extra 10ish degrees needed for them, and if its too much, I can still adjust the height and locations of the basking spots.

Finally to my surprise as I was getting the worms, I was talking to the person who sold the beardies to my brother. They are 5 months old; I believe they've been mistreated for a long while because, from tip of their snout to the start of their tail they are only about 3.5 inches; and on top of all that they are siblings my brother was intending to breed together. ... ... Some people just shouldn't own pets.

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
You could try a dimmer switch or thermostat if you are still having a hard time, but it sounds like you'll be good!....that has been the biggest challenge with all my reptiles. TEMPS AND HUMIDITY!! Lol ugh. But once you got that, smooth sailing :) I find my babay likes his temps about 113. Hard to maintain above 109, but we achieve it at points during the day.

MisterD83

Juvenile Dragon
Im not finding humidity to be a big issue, I only give them a little water (and make sure its kept full and clean) at a time. The sand substrate seems to help keep the humidity down just like mulch raises the humidity (for other lizards that need it in the 80% range).

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ya, my beardie I don't have issues with. The snake and water dragon have been tricky! Lol love my little dessert dweller :)

MisterD83

Juvenile Dragon
Leximom, No frowning, you were just trying to make her home as close to what she would have in nature. :) Thats partly why I went with the sand substrate.

And by the way, I got a piece of slate and some stacking "stones" from a pet store once I clean the tank tomorrow place them again, I'll take and upload some pics.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Looks like u gettin there. Yeh its real hard to get the temps rite i had to add an extra baskin rock to get it up but all gus now. ;)
uploadfromtaptalk1396637828396.jpg

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Go to the section in browse yoy want to put the post and there will b a pencil at the top of the page. ;)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Go to the forum and click on the topic you'd like to post in. In the next screen right above the topic heading all the way to the right there is a box that says "post new thread". Click on that and it will bring you to a page where you can put your thread heading like "Hi, i'm new here" then type the body of your post in the box below it. At the bottom there should be a box that says create thread, click on that and you should be posted.

Latest posts