• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Ventura county

Jay633

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys, I'm so excited I just got back in the game now that I make more than enough money to care for a dragon again. I just purchased I believe a red citrus baby beardy from livsdragons.com. I can't wait to get it. I hope to help and be helped as I learn more than what I already know about these dragons. Thanks :)

Jay633

Bearded Dragon Egg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348126396.306753.jpg

This will be my dragons home while she is a baby. Let me know If there is anything to improve

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348126381.165291.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348126381.165291.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 39

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
WelcometoBDF2.jpg

If the purpose of the dish in the enclosure is a water dish, it is not necessary or recommended. That enclosure is much too cluttered for a new BD, way too many Hiding spots for feeders to hide from it & make it too difficult for it to hunt it's feeders. What looks to be indoor\outdoor carpet for substrate will be super difficult to keep clean & sanitary. The feeders will hide under the substrate folds, come out at night & feed on your BD & bother it's sleep. Hiding feeders must be found & removed before lights out. Paper towels, newspaper, Butchers paper, non-adhesive shelfliner, textured ceramic tile, slate, textured lino are a few examples of better alternatives to start out a New BD on.

When introducing a BD to a new home it is best to use the K.I.S.S. method (Keep It Simple Stupid), this will make for a much easier acclimation to it's new home as stress free as possible. It can be a week to 10 days acclimation period, during which time it is best to keep handling to a minimum other than for maintenance purposes. Additions to the enclosure can be made later once it is older & well settled in, if needed.

You will need a Heat Bulb & a UVB bulb (10.0 or 10% recommended) covering the basking spot. An electronic timer to keep your Day\Night schedule consistent, most of us have found that 12 on, 12 Off works the best for them. You will need 2 Digital thermometers with sensors\probes to measure the temps specifically directly at the basking spot which should be the hottest area in the enclosure that the BD has access to, and the other on the coolest floor area of the enclosure, generally the area furthest from the Basking Bulb. Basking temp for a young BD should be in the 110F vicinity directly at the basking spot, with a heat gradient to 80-85F at the coolest floor area of the enclosure. You will need Phosphorous-free Calcium & a Multi-Vitamin such as Herptivite or Reptivite. I am likely missing a bunch here, as it is late, but I'm sure there will be others to help fill in the rest.

A few good links to help get you started ...

Basic BD Care Sheet - A Place To Start

Bearded Dragon --- Exclusive Care Info Library

Beautiful Dragons Nutrition Chart

Is Bearded Dragon Co-habitation a good plan?

How To Sex A Bearded Dragon

Good Luck

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to BDF! Can't wait to see pics of the new baby!

Latest posts