• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Oklahoma!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't go by set formulas, ratios and the such as it's been my experience that most lead to massive amounts of stress and hair pulling and at my age I'm getting protective of my hair..lol..What I do is offer and let the creature decide because it is my firm belief that they know much better than we do what they need as far as nutrition. For example with our Mungi at 2 1/2 years of age his tastes for greens or live prey goes in spurts. His greens are offered every day without fail but there may be several days that they go untouched or just barely nibbled at. Then all of the sudden he will go after his "salads" voraciously. Same with his live feeders. Some days he will pick at them when offered and others he will gobble them down in the blink of an eye and look for more. Allie sure went after her crickets this morning. I gave her a dozen today because she kept looking for more. Then she attacked her greens. Nothing like a growing dragon with shed. :) She sure does have a voracious appetite. Of course, if I had a camera, I would've taken a you-tube video of her going through my pillowcase and crawling all around, looking for a way out. When she found her way out with my help of course, she looked around and then ran right back into the pillowcase. LOL! When I took her out again, she had a big beardie grin on her face. :)

Enjoy!

Latest posts