• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello From Flordia

Treetopflyn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just wanted to say hello and share a couple photos of our Dragon and his home.

index.php

index.php

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the BDF Community!:) Nice looking little dragon!
Check you other thread about the lighting question you asked about. I replied with the answer to fix the issue.

Looking forward to more updates and getting to watch your little dragon become a big dragon:)
Enjoy!!

Edit; See next post below

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry I accidently messed up your other thread...I will try and get the issue resolved ....here is the answer to your question about lighting you posted earlier.

My recommendation is that before you try a 100 watt halogen you need to go out and purchase the correct thermometers which would be the digital thermometers with remote probes.
What I see in the picture appears to be an analog one attached to the side glass of the enclosures. Those types of thermometers are notorious for giving inaccurate temperature readings and when attached to the side glass is giving you the temperature of the glass and not the temperature of the basking spot.

If you have a PetSmart in your area go there and look in the aquarium section and you will find a digital thermometer with a remote probe. They are usually about $9 bucks a piece. You can also find theses types in the reptile section but they are usually a little more expensive. The $9 dollar ones work just fine.
You need to buy two(2) of these.
Then mount one with the remote probe attached directly to the basking spot, not on the wall or near it but directly on the basking spot. The second one you will need to attach its probe at the coolest point in the enclosure.
Once you have these thermometers placed let it sit for about an hour and then check temps. If you are using a 75 watt at present sitting directly on the screen You will probably find you basking spot temp is much higher than you think and probably way too high.
We us a 75 watt standard indoor halogen for Mungi's 40 gallon Breeder enclosure and it is actually suspended approximately a foot above the screen from a light bar. That setup keeps his basking spot a constant 104-105 degrees Frarenheit when our house ambient temp is 74 degrees. Unless you keep your house like an icebox then you will probably be able to use a 50 watt. I have a 75 watt only because when I changed them out last time that is what I had available on hand.

The proper thermometers placed properly is the only way to get things right.

Enjoy!!

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Great! Not sure how old your dragon is but if it is a juvenile or baby the basking spot temp should be 110 F. Keep checking the temp in your enclosure periodically thru the day as the temps may fluctuate a bit and if it doesn't get to where it needs to be then the next step I would take would be to raise or lower your basking spot. 104.6 is good for adults but the young ones need that extra heat to thrive.
Takes a little experimentation and sometimes even a bit of remodeling of the furniture but you will get find the right configuration and then you are set.

Enjoy

Latest posts