• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Big Ang

LunaLupus

Hatchling Dragon
Hi everyone! A little about myself? I'm in the Chicago area, and a certifiable herp nut. lol We currently have 9 snakes, 1 frog, 2 cats, 1 dog, and just got our Beardie today. This is actually my 8yr old's pet. After 6+ months of research, saving, and talking to breeders she finally got Big Ang this morning. :)

Big Ang is a BadApple Beardie, and I couldn't be happier to have her. She is more than I expected. To the point where I have to go get her a bigger hide this weekend. lol She's a BIG girl!!!! But sweet, mellow, and very inquisitive. My daughter and I can't wait for her to settle in so we can work with her some more.

Big Ang enjoying her basking spot.
bigang1.jpg

Proof that Beardies think they are smaller than they really are. lol
bigang2.jpg

LunaLupus

Hatchling Dragon
Hello :) welcome to the site. I'm new too I got 2 little babies! BIG Ang is a stunner she's beautiful ;) Great pics too

Thanks! Those are just cell phone pics. After she settles in I'll do a photo shoot with her. :) So probably next weekend. Right now we're just giving her some quiet time in her new home. Other than helping her out of her hide of course. lol

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
Mine are from my phone too the day I brought them home I have my avatar pic and 2 others on my intro page on the site. I chose Spike and Kaiyda for their names but they actually answer to Spikey and Kai lol you probably know as it's quite common Kaiyda means little dragon and she was the smallest of the clutch so it seemed fitting :) Can't wait to see some more pic's of Ang she really is lovely!

LunaLupus

Hatchling Dragon
They are adorable!!! I love the bobble heads on baby beardies. :) I've never actually had a baby before. Our last one was a rescue, and Big Ang was my daughter's pick. All the credit goes to her for picking Ang, and BadApple for breeding her.

Pat B

Super Moderator
Welcome to BDF!! You have a little chunky monkey there! This is a good forum with lots of good information. Stick around and come back often!! :cool:

LunaLupus

Hatchling Dragon
She is definitely chunky! Apparently she really likes her food.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will be here often, probably lurking more than posting. ;)

LunaLupus

Hatchling Dragon
Well, we are no longer a one beardie house. Last night we went and picked up a rescue, so we are now at two beardies. The new guy has been living in a field in WI the whole summer, and the field owners just finally caught him. We got him last night, and he has had a rough few months. Scrapes, scars, missing scales, missing toes. *sigh* But you can tell he was a pet, very docile, and not freaked out by humans. He's currently in quarantine, and I'll post pics once he settles in a bit.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Congrats on the new addition. Hopefully you can nurse him back to 100% quickly.

LunaLupus

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks! I hope so too. I'm feeling pretty positive about him, but only time, good food, and warmth will see. :D He managed to survive in the wilderness for several months, so hopefully captivity doesn't do him in.

Pat B

Super Moderator
Wow!! How did he ever survive?? Such a lucky beardie to be taken into a loving home that will bring him back to health....congrats and good luck!!

LunaLupus

Hatchling Dragon
Wow!! How did he ever survive?? Such a lucky beardie to be taken into a loving home that will bring him back to health....congrats and good luck!!

Pure luck I'm thinking! The nice thing is that area of WI has a lot of bugs, and he was probably munching on dandelions, grass, and anything else he could stuff into his face.

I'm going to start a thread just for him to keep everyone updated. Thanks for all the well wishes!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can actually say that you have a 'Wild Caught' BD, so to speak ;) . Something that none of us can say, other than possibly some of our Aussie friends.

Wish you the best with him, it's a great thing that you are doing
icon_thumright-1.gif

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
It's great that you were there at the right place and at the right time. I wish people would find a home for their little creatures rather than letting them loose in the wild.

Though, it can also be a lost pet, but being a Dragon I doubted.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to BDF! Congrats on the new dragon! Such an amazing discovery.

Latest posts