• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hates new terrarium!!!

Michael Colley

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Moved my beardie to a new terrarium and he absolutely hates it! He constantly for hours runs and scratches at the front door and the second you open it he jumps out. He is relentless and won't stop, it's been three days.

Anyone else experience this extreme resistance to change? Will he eventually settle into his new surrounding? Any tips? Beginning to worry as he barely eats and just exhausts himself scratching at the front glad.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He should get used to it for the most part. I have a 2 1/2 year old that does that still to this day. He's just my free spirit and always wants to be out! You can try covering the sides of his terrarium so he can't see what is going on around him and make him feel more secure in the new home. Also make sure you are offering a few places for him to hide if he needs to get away.

Michael Colley

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
He should get used to it for the most part. I have a 2 1/2 year old that does that still to this day. He's just my free spirit and always wants to be out! You can try covering the sides of his terrarium so he can't see what is going on around him and make him feel more secure in the new home. Also make sure you are offering a few places for him to hide if he needs to get away.

Thanks, yeah it's just weird because he never did it in his old terrarium, and he tires himself out in half a day and falls asleep lol. I tried covering the front. He knew I was tricking him....

Hoping the next few days it gets better! Picky buggers!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Luci is actually running around his tank right now. He likes to get out and run and then if we let him by his sisters tank (when she's not in it), he scratches and runs around it trying to get INSIDE it! So goofy :)

Latest posts