• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HATCHLING DIET

supsipo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is it ok to feed my bearded dragon hatchlings lats (Blatta Lateralis) for like 3 days? I ran out of dubia and shipment of my supplier will arrive within 3 days. Thank you!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is it ok to feed my bearded dragon hatchlings lats (Blatta Lateralis) for like 3 days? I ran out of dubia and shipment of my supplier will arrive within 3 days. Thank you!
I have no idea -- but I can find out

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She has posted back and this is what she said
Yes but they 100 % must be tiny, smaller than the space between the baby's eyes. It's very important with hatchlings especially, not so important once the beardies are past the 10-11" mark. If in doubt you can run to a pet store that sells tiny crickets or even a few large containers of flightless fruit flies.

supsipo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Unfortunately it is hard to find here in my area, I have ordered 2 colonies of dubia roaches just to be sure not to ran out of food for my babies. But I currently have Lats and Superworms. Is superworms a better choice? How much lats/worms can I feed them? Thank you so much.
She has posted back and this is what she said
Yes but they 100 % must be tiny, smaller than the space between the baby's eyes. It's very important with hatchlings especially, not so important once the beardies are past the 10-11" mark. If in doubt you can run to a pet store that sells tiny crickets or even a few large containers of flightless fruit flies.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Unfortunately it is hard to find here in my area, I have ordered 2 colonies of dubia roaches just to be sure not to ran out of food for my babies. But I currently have Lats and Superworms. Is superworms a better choice? How much lats/worms can I feed them? Thank you so much.
I have asked her again

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have asked her again
Here is what she has asked
I wouldn't use even tiny superworms with actual hatchlings. How old are your babies and how many do you have ? HHave they been eating regularly ?

supsipo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here is what she has asked
I wouldn't use even tiny superworms with actual hatchlings. How old are your babies and how many do you have ? HHave they been eating regularly ?
I have 2, yes they are eating regularly.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have 2, yes they are eating regularly.
O.K. just feed them tiny sized lats. If you can, post pics of the babies and the lats next to them for size comparison.

Latest posts