• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Has lost some weight

behnk99k

Hatchling Dragon
We have had Spike since March 29th of last year. He has been doing good, his appetite has decreased, figured it was because he's older. Weighed him February 21st he was 478grams at @ 11months. Today, he was 435 grams. So he has lost 43 grams in @ 3 months. Is this normal as they get older? He eats collard, mustard, and turnip greens @5 days a week(other veggies if I have them) and super worms once a week( between 20-25) he kinda moved to this schedule & I stick w/it til he changes it up on me[emoji6]

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
At that age I would guess it may be another growth spurt coming up/in process. They are pretty much their adult size around then, but may grow a bit more still. Thats about average really.

I would perhaps suggest changing things up a bit on the diet though. Those are all good foods, but again you want to offer as much variety as possible for them, especially with your live food. Keep rotating it and add some more things to your salad too. Dandelion green are usually pretty easy to find this time of year. Also arugula, watercress, kale, carrots, squash, etc are all good to use.

behnk99k

Hatchling Dragon
I know I need to give him more variety, it just gets hard sometimes. I just ordered some repti worms& some butter worms. Sometimes the store only has collards. I've looked for the dandelion greens& can't find them. He can be picky, God forbid I try to add squash, he won't touch any of his salad then..he likes carrots, though. For now[emoji6]

MisterD83

Juvenile Dragon
You can usually find dandelion green in spring salad mixes, but pick it out, the rest of the greens in there aren't good or and the baby spinach is bad

Latest posts