• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Handling our new baby

chucks parents

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes. My husband really wants to hold and handle Chuck. We were told to touch him as little as possible for at least a week and that we shouldn't hold him until he's at least 6 inches. I would love to hear how everyone feels on this matter. I don't want to hurt Chuck in anyway, but I would like him to get use to us. He does not appear to be afraid of us in anyway and he's very engaging. We did handle him a little to give him his soak earlier this week, but that's pretty much it so far.

Thanks,
Chuck's Mommy

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agreee. Be careful and handle in small increments at first. A lot of beardies love to be handled and some don't. But the key is to start when they are little. It is said that at first, your beardie views you as a predator. But to build the trust factor, you need to keep handling and stroking. In time, he will come to love hanging out with you!

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah gotta handle em to get them to love you. My big male hated me when i first got him back when he was a lil fella of 8 inches. He tried to bite me at every turn. But with constant handling and holding he eventually grew to know me. Now he is 22 inches and 600 grams and could do some real damage if he bit me but he has never even blackbearded me.

Latest posts