• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Had an Oopsie

RaidenMarshall

Hatchling Dragon
Well, I fractured my ankle and I'll be off of it for about 6-8 weeks now. What to do with poor Apollo? His tank is on the floor behind the table, so it blocks my crutches and earlier I crawled to turn his lights on. My question is, any tips for taking care of my bud? My parents won't help because well, they're terrified of him, and I need some pointers getting his food from point a to point b with my crutches on haha

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
Possible fanny pack? Just keep some salad in it haha. Sorry about your break! I've had my fair share it makes life a bit challenging. Is there anyway you could have someone lift the tank onto the table or move the table?

RaidenMarshall

Hatchling Dragon
Yeah I have a little gym baggie I've been using as a backpack, and luckily I still have mealworm containers so I put the supers in there today and let them get shaken up as I hobbled away. Yay ingenuity!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Oh wow, that really sucks. You need to get a timer for his lights so you don't have to turn them on and off. Maybe a small cricket keeper to store bugs closer to his tank that you can fill every few days so you don't have to struggle every day.

RaidenMarshall

Hatchling Dragon
Yeah, funny thing I went to the store Monday and was like "oh I I have some leftover money maybe I should buy him a timer". Aaaand then I walked out, and then yeah...I'll probly stop by and try to buy it tomorrow if I can. His bugs arent a problem anymore though since I have my mealie containers :)

Latest posts