• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gutloader Recipes

DrAgOnS BrEaTh

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Just been trying too gather up some idea's for a cheap all around gut loader i can make a good amount of. This one im interested in. Oats,whole grain dry baby food, vitamin rich dry dog food,powdered milk and cornmeal. Powdered in a blender. With a low humidity water source i dont see why this wouldnt work. My only concern is the dog food. Idk anything else that would be as good as it for a protein source. This is going to be my substrate/gutloader for a superworm colony.

Any info. is greatly appreciated =)

DrAgOnS BrEaTh

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I still cannot find what flukers users for plant protein, animal protein, and crude fat. For all i know it could be ground up dog food. Another ingredient im missing is molasses and a secondary calcium source(calcium powder w/ D3)+powdered milk should take care of that.

Im sure someone knows a good recipe. I have no problem buying flukers gutloader, but i need about 10-15 jars at the size they sell. So i know i can mass produce a similar product for half the price.

Ive actually seen a few post on arachmoboards for cricket gut loaders, they were made with cat food and chicken mash......lol

Latest posts