• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Growth rate

Spoon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Bugsy went from 6.5 inches to 17.5 inches in 3.5 months.
Is this a normal growth rate? I understand that food, environment, etc. plays a part, but my little buddy is growing up so fast.

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Bugsy went from 6.5 inches to 17.5 inches in 3.5 months.
Is this a normal growth rate? I understand that food, environment, etc. plays a part, but my little buddy is growing up so fast.

This is always something I too am looking for information on.....

Ody was 6.5" when he came out of the box; in just a little over 2 months he's sprouted to just over 14"....

There are no exact charts that I've found but I use one that I posted in another thread as a reference.

image-19.jpg

Now; Ody has blown past this range; according to my ticker tracker of his age.

Reactions: jeb

Spoon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks Elders. I guessed his age to be about 2 months when I got him, making him about 6 months now.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yes they grow FAST! Both Dexter and Luci went through a lull around the one year mark where they didn't shed or anything for months then they hit another growth spurt! Now they are 3 1/2 and 2 1/2 and a few times a year they have little spurts.

Latest posts