• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Greet the day with a grin!

EmyMargaret

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is Donatello.
He is a year old. He likes to be held, but waits until you relax to jump away from you and explore the room. His adventures involve running across a bed and jumping off the end before I could catch him, under the bed hide-and-seek, table sliding, and using my IPad like a treadmill. He likes to swim in the tub but will also lay down and enjoy being in the water (unlike his sister, Rosina, who can't wait to get out). He's such fun and a joy to have as a part of my life!
image.jpg

Ron G

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
How do you get him out from under the bed? I love letting mine explore but had a problem when he got behind some furniture and I couldn't get him out. It took over an hour to finally catch him.

EmyMargaret

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ron G,
Knowing how big Beardies get, I've worked on little things with Donatello since he was really little. One we work on a lot is "come." For a long time, we didn't seem to be making any progress, but he is finally beginning to respond. This has been helpful when he gets under the bed or sofa.

Sometimes, I tap two fingers on the floor and say his name. I have to be pretty close and try a few times, but he eventually comes. I tap from the side of him, instead of behind. This way, he can see my fingers.

The under the bed thing was a tricky one. After falling off of the bed, Donatello was scared from the fall and the shock of his new surroundings. I would place my hand out and say "Donny, come" a few times. Most of the time, he wouldn't move. I would have to reach under the bed and pick him up. However, now he'll step onto my hand.

It's a work in progress. Perhaps one day, he will respond only to his name.

Latest posts