• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Going on vacation

Lucas791

Hatchling Dragon
I'm leaving town for about a week and was wondering if my beardie will be okay, I have someone to watch him, but will only give him crickets, so will my beardie be okay for a week without me there as long as it's fed? I'll load him up plenty the week before. Just curious if he will be fine. I was thinking of leaving 50-60 crickets in there with him just to make sure he will be fed properly while I'm away. What do y'all think? I've posted pictures if they're needed for anything.

Also how does he look for roughly 6 months of age?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 53

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Don't leave crickets in there with him. The crickets will nibble on him if they aren't eaten. Make sure the person that is feeding him knows this and doesn't leave crickets walking around. He should be okay if the lights stay on the same schedule and someone feeds him. Give him a real good soak before you go to make sure he's hydrated.

Lucas791

Hatchling Dragon
Yeah the lights are on timers I'm just worried because she won't pick his poo up daily and he will only be getting crickets with no calcium or anything, I guess 6 days won't kill him!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Would she pick up poop if she had gloves? I hate bugs and gunk but I'll touch anything with a pair of gloves on.

Lucas791

Hatchling Dragon
Unfortunately not, she hates reptiles and only agreed to feed it at the most. Everyone we know is going out of town and she is already watching my dogs, backs against the wall here.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That sucks. People that "hate" reptiles just don't understand them.

Marquez0352

Hatchling Dragon
reptees need too! If I were you I would find someone I trust to go in and check on him twice a day. Even while she's there. A week is too long without proper care and attention

Latest posts