• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

getting along

Sarah

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have a 8mth female and a 2 year female can i put them in the same cage will they get along

pinkynbrain

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
You could put them together but you might find one will be more dominant and race to get the food leaving the other with not much at all, as i had this problem with mine, now they are separated and happy!

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have kept Dragons together in the past. It isnt something I reccomend now. I had 2 together for years with no signs of problems. I separated them when I started breeding and when I went to put them back together. They where NOT having it. So dont even try. Reptiles do not get lonely. They dont look for friends. They recognize Us as keepers and food sources. I know it sounds a little cold, but its simple fact. I love all my dragons, and I have quite a few, but if I forget their nature, I would be neglecting a very simple husbandry rule.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would think twice before putting them together. As PinkyNBrain and Tom mentioned, they are separated and happy now. As much as we like to think we can all get along, this is usually not the case with bearded dragons. Yes, there are success stories, but there are more horror stories when bearded dragons are housed together. One becomes the dominant over the other, which can lead to physical harm and food supply issues.

Latest posts