• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

German Giants?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've seen them from $100 up to $150. Usually the best deal are at the reptile shows/expos

WalkingWithDragons

Hatchling Dragon
When looking for a german giant, ask for lineage. True GG's arent around anymore. Ive met quite a few people who have purchased a "german giant" from a breeder, for it to max out at 18" and 400 grams, which is smaller than my normal females. (German giants were known to get 26-30" in length and 900+ grams in weight). Some breeders use the german giant name as a marketing ploy because many people know the name but not what to look for. Also ask about the parents and how long they are and how much they weigh.

WalkingWithDragons

Hatchling Dragon
May I ask which breeders? Ive talked to many other well known breeders who agree that true GG's are not around anymore. GG's were first created by crossing P. vitticeps with P. barbata, but since P. barbatas have not been around since at least 2000 in the US, these dragons have had to cross into more P. vitticeps lines, causing the P. barbata percentage in each new offspring to become smaller and smaller. I know I see a lot of people labeling extra large P. vitticeps as "GG", but GG is not just a large dragon. It is a crossing of two dragon species. If anyone is on Facebook, this is a thread talking about German Giants on a Bearded Dragon breeders group. The group contains some of the best breeders in the US. In order to view the thread, you do have to request to join the group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/249342151844531/permalink/379057028873042/

Latest posts