• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fun and new experiences for dying dragon

DangerNoodle

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all,

My Western Bearded dragon, Hyperion, is losing the fight of old age. She's 9-10 years old and has been diagnosed with heart disease. I'm currently medicating her, but the vet said if she doesn't improve in 7 days, it'll be best to put her down.

But that's not why I'm here. I want to hear your suggestions for fun and new experiences I can give her. I want to give her one hell of a last week. Of course, I'm not going to do anything too stressful as that wouldn't help, but I know she likes curling up in my soft blanket, so I was considering getting her her own itty bitty soft blanket to sleep on and with in her enclosure for the rest of her time alive. Even with the meds, she's not got long. She's already got sand to give her something softer, considering she has arthritis.

So, does anyone have fun ideas for forbidden things Peri can enjoy before she passes? Or any experience with comforting and/or commemorating/cherishing a passing Beardy?

Complimentary cute picture of her sleeping as a thanks for reading this.

Attachments

• PXL_20231215_093319879.jpg
    PXL_20231215_093319879.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 20

Latest posts