• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

FROG EYES!!

Rachel Murray

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone!

So my bearded dragon Rex is turning 10 years old this year! My bestfriend. Looking back on old photos of him I noticed his eyes looked, well normal, like a normal beardie should! Fast forward to today, ive notcied how HUGE his eyes have become over the years. Im not talking bulging like im told some beardies do. They are complete BALLS on both sides of his head. He can see me fine, he even sees birds flying past the window even tho his cage sits at the corner of the room.

He doesnt look like the same beardie from years ago. His tank enclosure is a good size, he has a good heat lamp and a UV bulb. His poop is fine. I mist him daily. The only problems ive noticed over the years is that if a worm or bug is in front of him, he constantly misses it with his tongue, hes aiming just either left or right to try catch it.... he also REFUSES to touch any of his greens! Hes even went off his fruit. The only thing he will touch is his insects/worms which I dust with calcium once a day. And even at that he wont eat them by himself, he will only eat it off the tweezers.

I dont know if this is just him acting spoilt knowing that I will always hand feed him or the fact that there is a serious lack of greens in his diet, but these eyes are NOT normal for a bearded dragon.

Could anyone give me a shout on what you think it is? Will i need to see a vet about it?

Many thanks!
Rachel

Latest posts