• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

frantically trying to get out

hey where's Perry

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi
I have a female beardy dragon sl less than a year old. The last 3 weeks or so she is frantically trying to get out if her cage...kind of like when they don't want to be in the bathtub anymore and keep trying to get out like a complete spaz. She does like to roam and I will let her out almost daily. But then she still keeps doing it thru out the day.
she has a 40 gallon tank and I know the temperature is good and her uv light is only 4 months old. I don't know what she wants or why she keeps doing this. What am I missing?

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
What does she do when you take her out? Can you post a picture of the tank? Phoenix will usually do this once or twice a day and I let him out for a few but then when I put him back in he's good for awhile.

Depending how your tank is set up maybe she feels crowded. Or if she can't get close enough to the heat/UVB source maybe she's trying to do that. What are you using to check temps?

ilovebeardies

Juvenile Dragon
Usually covering the sides of the tank and the back so they cannot see out helps. They feel more secure. My little ones did that and when I covered the back and sides it helped tremendously.

hey where's Perry

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am using a temperature probe that I can put in all different areas of the tank so I know she can get to the warmest area of the tank and other areas she can cool down.
please note in these pics it is not her best angle so she may not look like the diva she really is.:)

Attachments

• 20140910_203428.jpg
    20140910_203428.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 125
  • 20140910_203354.jpg
    20140910_203354.jpg
    733.5 KB · Views: 113

hey where's Perry

Bearded Dragon Egg
Forgot to tell u...when I let her out she beelines to the front door. I keep the door open and she likes to look out the glass door. Other times she just explores.
E="Tyler_Vance, post: 99027, member: 5442"]What does she do when you take her out? Can you post a picture of the tank? Phoenix will usually do this once or twice a day and I let him out for a few but then when I put him back in he's good for awhile.

Depending how your tank is set up maybe she feels crowded. Or if she can't get close enough to the heat/UVB source maybe she's trying to do that. What are you using to check temps?[/QUOTE]
Forgt

Latest posts