• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Forgot to tell yall about this one (funny story)

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
it was this past Sunday. I take my babies outside for a natural light photoshoot (cause as my wife says i take way too many damn pictures of reptiles lol). So i have my citrus tiger female in my hand tail secured with my pinky finger. well i go to hit the button on my camera and as soon as the camera made noise (auto focus for macro shots) she went nuts, bit me, and hopped out of my hand. Poof gone disappeared. im on the ground trying to shove myself under my poarch looking for her yelling for my wife. she runs out with a flashlight im looking and looking. For about 15 minutes im rummaging around under the porch. I sit back and try to think of how im going to coax her out from where ever she is hiding. Then on a wim i lay back down to look some more and i see a deffinately reptilian tail. Couldnt tail if it was the end of a snake or my baby lol. But being myself i reach in and grab. WOOOO it was my baby. Went 2 inches from where she landed and stayed there. They love keeping us on our toes. Needless to say that photoshoot was canceled lol.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hahah i think im gonna have to build you a little outdoors photoshoot penn for your babies and you to stay in while ur outside :D

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol i have been contemplating just such a thing actually. and as far as Pita is concerned i think im going to have to get her a leash and a muzzle lol.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
haha send PITA to me! ill kiss her out of her nasty mood swings like i did with boris...hes a puppy now

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
well i have broke her of the biting part. now she just hisses and gapes at me lol. so some progress. and i cant wait for her/him to finish shedding cause the tail shed night before last and the color on her/his tail is unbelievable, i havent seen as deep a red as that on a beardie in person before

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
she/he is gonna be a looker when she/he is older...ive only seen one wow! red dragon and its this girl's out in MD ill PM u his pic

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
coolness did i ever show you Pita's dad?
Mom is Koral on my site
dad is tank from outbackdragonranch.com
if you go to his site its the red supposedly triple het micro-leather skeletor line red male (holy sh!t thats a mouthful lol)

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
that was the main reason i traded dan for her (koral) she was bred a bit young for my taste but i couldnt pass up what she was possibly carrying. She only gave me the one clutch and only one egg was fertile but oh the possibilities with the one that hatched.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
im really hoping it turns out to be a boy though cause it will open me up to using him as a male breeder as well as dr. evil.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Brian, there is never a dull moment in your neck of the woods. You get bit a lot, don't you?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
im fairly certain the bird that flew over us scared her and thats why it all happened. the only biter i have is Pita this is the first time anyone else has done it lol.

angel

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
lol someone needs to follow you with a camera , and you may want to look into leashes for them LMAO

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol...I guess the name fits (PITA). I was bit once by mistake. It hurts!

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
no its more funny out of babies. now as adults yes its a b!tch to be bitten but babies are just comical lol.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad to hear that. Bernie was on strike from eating his veggies. I was waving a piece of collard green, he went for it, but got my finger by mistake. Ouch!

Latest posts